One of the great new features in VMware Horizon 6.2 is the ability to log in to your virtual desktops and applications using the figure print ID or Touch ID on your iPhones and iPads.
In this blog I will document how to configure Horizon to enable Touch ID. Before you configure this setting you should be aware that this is a global setting and as such once enabled it will be enabled for all users in all desktop and application pools.
Follow these steps to enable Touch ID
- Upgrade all Connections Servers to Horizon 6.2
- Note that signed Certificates are required
- Start the ADSI Edit utility on the View Connection Server host.
- In the Connection Settings dialog box, select or connect to DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int
- In the Computer pane, select or type localhost:389
- Double click on the object CN=Common, OU=Global, OU=Properties
- Edit the pae-ClientConfig attribute
- Add the value BioMetricsTimeout=-1
- Click Add and OK
- The new setting takes effect immediately. You do not need to restart the View Connection Server service or the client device
For more information please see the documentation here