Sr Solutions Architect with over 10 years of hands-on desktop (VDI), server, and storage virtualization seeks a customer facing opportunity where I can leverage my VMware knowledge to enterprise accounts.
VMware (VMW) 2010-Present
Senior Solutions Architect, Chicago, IL 2010-Present
- Present customer facing, technical briefings, including white boarding sessions, in front of groups regarding the benefits of VMware virtualization solutions.
- Working with the End User Computing Teams to improve the Desktop Virtualization experience
- Traveling across North America working with customers of all sizes deploying their virtual desktop environments.
- Design, engineer desktop virtualization solutions for customers.
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) 2000-2010
Systems Architect Leader, Chicago, IL 2005-2010
- Present customer facing, technical briefings, including white boarding sessions, in front of groups regarding the benefits of VMware and Citrix virtualization solutions.
- Work with account managers and clients to virtualization solutions for customer implementation
- Lead and drove sales discussions around technical business value of virtualization solutions to enterprise, mid-market, and government accounts.
- Respond to client inquires regarding RFP, POC, and statements of work.
- Developed the VMware ESX 4.0 SOE to be used on all CSC account that will be using Virtualization.
- Establish & maintain CSC Global Standards for server virtualization and consolidation technologies.
- Provide advice and recommendations to core CSC groups with regard to server virtualization & consolidation technologies.
- Design, engineer and manage global solutions based on CSC Global Standards and best practices.
- Provide proactive technical evaluation and assessment of server virtualization & consolidation technologies for use by CSC.
- Collaborate with CSC groups and organisations to facilitate CSC Global Standards and provide advice and recommendation on server virtualization and consolidation technologies.
- Work with Citrix to develop the standards for XenServer within CSC and with Microsoft to create a standard for Hyper-V.
Systems Engineer Chicago, IL 2004-2005
- Sears transformation project – responsibilities include moving and upgrading the servers (from NT4 to Windows 2003) from the customer’s site to the new data center in Chicago.
- Moved all servers to a VMware environment on IBM blade servers to take advantage of the new technology
- Developed a Patch Management solution with in the Sears account including the deployment of HFNetChkPro v5.
- Lead a team that built the new VMware farm for Sears.
- Attended courses on VMware ESX servers including virtualization technologies.
Systems Engineer, Asturias, Spain 2003-2004
DuPont Account – Active Directory and RSS
- Engineering services – provide 3rd line support to other teams in the company and to work on projects.
- Technical lead engineer on a number of projects for Europe. These include the Invistor separation project
- Installing solutions, testing new software on the DuPont account.
- Work closely with the service model and tools group to support and lead the RRS deployment across the DuPont account across Europe
- Collaborated with DSE team in Canada to develop a patch management solution for the DuPont account; including using Patch Manager (CSC developed tool) and the RRS tools
Systems Technician & Deputy Team Leader, Westlakes, UK 2000-2003
- Managed the team on a day to day basis, and takes change of the team when the leader is out of office
- Main duties include 2nd line support for over 16000 users on a number of BNFL sites all over the country.
- Deletion, migration from site to site, name changes, and the management of territories on the network.
- 3rd line support for the rest of the team within UN1TYwhich provides 2nd line support engineers or helpdesk engineers
- Manage the technical side of any new service that is transitioned into UN1TY; including writing all technical documentation and working instructions for the 2nd line team
- Involved in the Windows XP pilot rollout at Sellafield where I have started to write work instructions for 1st and 2nd line engineers
Bay Community NHS Trust 1999-2000
IT Support & Training Officer
- IT support of platforms – including WIN 95, 98, NT, and 2000.
- Administration of the network, roll out of new PC’s and systems, desktop support for all users, and general IT Support
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of the servers running Windows NT server 4 with Back Office applications including Terminal Server, Exchange Server, etc.
- Involved in the backing up of data from the servers and the recovery should any data be lost.
- Setup TCP/IP on a number of different windows systems including win 3.11, windows 95/98 and NT.
- Installed Cisco routers in buildings and been involved in patching in coms cabinets.
Osicom Limited 1996-1999
Computer Field Engineer