One of the great new features in VMware Horizon 7 is the ability to stop desktop administrators from accidentally deleting a desktop pool that is currently full of active desktops. Once this feature is enabled the administrator will have to delete all of the desktops before deleting the desktop pool.
In this blog I will document how to configure the Desktop Pool Deletion feature. Before you configure this setting you should be aware that this is a global setting and as such once enabled it will be enabled for all desktop and application pools.
Follow these steps to enable the Desktop Pool Deletion feature
- Upgrade all Connections Servers to Horizon 6.2
- Note that signed Certificates are required
- Start the ADSI Edit utility on the View Connection Server host.
- In the Connection Settings dialog box, select or connect to DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int
- In the Computer pane, select or type localhost:389
- Double click on the object CN=Common, OU=Global, OU=Properties
- Edit the pae-NameValuePair attribute
- Add the value cs-disableNonEmptyPoolDelete=1
- Click Add and OK
- Now when you try and delete a pool you will see the following message
3 thoughts on “Horizon 7 Desktop Pool Deletion Feature”